Cueifong Scenic Road
Cueifong Scenic Road starts from a fork in the road leading to Taipingshan Villa and Cueifong Lake separately. Its total length is 16.8 km. It used to be a forest railway and later was turned into a forest road by removing tracks and enlarging lane width. In 2004, more construction had been undertaken and the road was renamed “Cueifong Scenic Road”. It is the only road to Cueifong Lake, National Taiwan Beech Trail and Cueifong Villa.
This road meanders through mountains and forests at elevation of 2,000 m, and there are Unigemmate China Ferns, artificial Japanese cedar forest, Taiwan Cypress, Taiwan Hinoki and Taiwan Hemlock Forests on the road. Sometimes, you will find large standing snags in the forests to form a white snag forest. Moreover, there will be several protected species in Taiwan, such as Formosan rock monkey, Reeves's muntjac, Mikado pheasant and Swinhoe's pheasant, showing up surprisingly on the road. But do remember to watch them from afar and not to feed them if you encounter any of them.
On the right side of Cueifong Scenic Road, there are beautiful outlooks of layers of mountains and sea of clouds. At the milestone 1k, you can see the view of Taipingshan Villa. At milestone 14k, there is a viewing platform. This is one of the most popular spots for watching the sun rise in Taipingshan. As you driving on the road, please slow down and try to appreciate the views in different angles.
Tips for Cueifong Scenic Road Drive Trip:
- For the sake of protecting the habitat and reducing the pollution, at the entrance of Cueifong Scenic Road, a dynamic admission control of capping 300 small vehicles will be imposed.
- The road width is 2.8 m and one lane. The total length is 16.5 km. Only the vehicle within 4.7 m long and with seat less than 9 seats is allowed to enter.
- Opening Hours: 04:00-16:00.
- Before entering the scenic road, it is required to apply for B-type entering restricted mountain area permit (a photo ID is required) at the control point.
- In the poor weather conditions such as thick fog, strong wind, torrential rain or snow which will affect safe driving, all vehicles will be prohibited to enter.
- Fans Group for Taipingshan